RULES OF TEXAS HOLDEM:
- First, 2 blinds(forced bets) i.e. Small Blind and Big Blind are placed in front of the two players immediate left of the dealer before dealing two(hole) cards to all players.
- All Players on the table will be dealt two hole cards and in this round of betting known as 1st round of betting, the player left of the big blind will initiate the action, He/She can fold, call or raise according to their game strategy, the action then continues with other players choosing one of the actions listed above.
- Once this round of betting round is completed three cards will be dealt faceup on the board, i.e. The Flop. These are the community cards. Then the second round of betting starts with SmallBlind Player. He/She can either check or bet. The other players can check, raise or bet, depending on the previous action.
- Upon completion of this second round, the dealer will open one card faceup, this is called “Fourth Street or Turn.” Once again the third round of betting starts with the player left of the dealer(Small Blind).
- After the third round of betting is over, dealer will deal one more card faceup called “River or Fifth Street”. Again similar fourth round of betting starts, following the completion of fourth betting round, the players have to show their hole cards and the best hand will be the winner.
HAND RANKINGS:ROYAL FLUSH:
Ace, King, Queen, Jack, Ten, all in the same suit. There are only four possible royal flushes i.e. Spades, Diamonds, Hearts and Clubs.
Any Five cards in sequence of same suit.
FOUR OF A KIND:
Four cards of same value but different suits. For e.g. four 5s
Three Cards of same number and the other two of same number. For e.g. Three Eights and Two 6s
All five cards of same suit but not in sequence.
Any five cards in sequence but not of same suit. Highest Straight/Broadway: Ace, King, Queen, Jack, and 10. Lowest Straight/The Wheel: Ace, Two, Three, Four, Five.
THREE OF A KIND/ TRIPS:
Theree cards of same value For e,g, Three 6s and a Jack and 5.
Two paired up cards. For e.g. Two 6s, Two 4s and a 2.
E.g. Two 8s, Ace, 9, 5.
No pair in hand out of 5 cards. The player with the highest card will win. For e.g. King, Queen, 8, 5, 3.